01 APRIL 2020
BY:GAZAL BHATNAGAR, VIDHYARTHI DARPAN
1) Tourism Ministry opens platform to assist foreign visitors:
The Union Tourism Ministry has unveiled the ‘Stranded in India’ stage to spread data to all stranded foreign sightseers in India. The Ministry of Tourism asserted that the platform ‘Stranded in India’ can be utilized by international visitors stranded here a long way from home to find out all the facilities they can use to make a sage stay possible.
2) Life saver Udan flights receives clinical supplies for COVID-19 care throughout India:
Life saver Udan freight incorporates vital clinical supplies for COVID-19 related reagents, clinical hardware, proteins, test packs, PPE, masks, gloves and different accessories required for treating COVID-19 patients in India.
3) ICICI Bank is releasing whatsApp banking services:
The ICICI Bank released Whatsapp banking on 31 March 2020 to enable its clients to satisfy home financial needs during the lockdown.
4) ADB is paying Aavas financiers $60 million for increasing women’s access to housing in India:
Asian Development Bank, a provincial development bank, signed a $60 million advance concurrence with moderate housing credit supplier Aavas Financiers Ltd on March 31, 2020 to give housing financing to women in low-salary networks, either as essential loan specialists or as co-borrowers.
5) The Indian Government releases the ‘Corona Kavach’ application for coronavirus monitoring:
The Government of India has propelled a Coronavirus risk monitoring application called “Corona Kavach,” established mutually by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of the Union and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Union.
6) Nagaland CM introduced Application for Self-Declaration COVID-19:
Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio propelled the COVID-19 self-declaration app at Kohima, Nagaland, which is critical for high risk case monitoring and observation.
7) IESA pursued electronics commission of the ISRO:
The Indian Electronics and Semiconductor Association solicited the Government of India to make a National Electronics Mission in accordance with India’s space agency, Indian Space Research Organization, with the objective of building a homegrown gadgets biological system that would enable the nation to decrease imports of semiconductor chips and sensors.
1) 11 million entering deprivation in the Pacific and East Asia:
The World Bank declared on 31 March 2020 that around 11 million will enter deprivation in Pacific and East Asia because of the spread of COVID-19 as the infection has tainted more than 780,000 and has killed more than 37,000.
2) NASA declares mission to SUNRISE:
NASA revealed on March 30th, 2020 the mission of Sun Radio Interferometer Space Experiment (SUNRISE) to research how sun produces Giant Solar Particle Storms.
1) Tokyo Olympics have been rescheduled for July 23- August 8, 2021:
On March 30th, 2020 the International Olympic Committee coordinators pronounced the 32nd version of Tokyo Olympics rescheduled dates to be held in Tokyo, Japan from July 23 to August 8, 2021.
2) Pape Diouf died of coronavirus:
The previous president of French football club Olympique de Marseille, Pape Diouf, died at 68 years old on 31 March because of COVID-19.
02 APRIL 2020
BY:GAZAL BHATNAGAR, VIDHYARTHI DARPAN
1) JNCASR produces a covering which could prevent contamination from spreading:
The Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) has built up a one-step treatable anti- microbial covering capable of destroying infections of any sort when covered on different surfaces, for example, textiles, plastics, etc. The covering can be produced on an assortment of surfaces, and its simplicity and robustness removes the requirement for proficient specialists to obtain the covering.
2) In order to finance the COVID-19 crisis, Telangana declared 75 per cent pay cut to govt employees:
The administration of Telangana State announced on 30 March a significant compensation cut for its workers going from 10 percent to 75 percent as the choice was taken at an elevated level audit meeting in the wake of the state’s budgetary circumstance amidst coronavirus epidemic.
3) MHA released JK Reorganizing State Laws Order 2020:
The Center released the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization (Adaptation of State Laws) Order 2020 issued on 1 April by the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Union (MHA). The request accompanied prompt impact and out of J&K’s aggregate of 138 state laws, 25 laws were revoked overall, and different laws were presented with replacements.
4) India’s Food Corporation runs e-auction to satisfy Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana’s objectives:
On April 2, 2020, India’s Food Corporation will direct an Open Market Selling Scheme to facilitate the market supply of Food Grains to guarantee the nation’s continuous stockpile of rice and wheat during the lock-down period.
5) AP Government purchases MOM for COVID-19 patients from Indian Navy:
The Government of Andhra Pradesh purchased Multi-feed Oxygen Manifold set up by Indian Navy, Vishkhapatnam to meet the prerequisite of COVID-19 patients for oxygen supply.
6) Minister of Finance is taking part in the 2nd FMCBG Extraordinary G20 Virtual Conference:
Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs of the Union, partakes in the second Virtual Meeting of Extraordinary G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) on 31 March 2020 to investigate the effect of COVID-19 on the worldwide economy and arrange endeavors to handle this worldwide test.
7) Govt extends the presentation from 1 April 2020 of an institutionalized stamp duty for capital market instruments to 1 July 2020:
The Revenue Department deferred the presentation of the uniform stamp duty on the offer of securities, debentures, prospects, alternatives, money and other capital-market instruments by 3 months to 1 July 2020 from 1 April 2020 on March 30th, 2020.
8) Jitendra Singh has released the COVID- 19 Grievances National Reporting Platform for DARPG:
DARPG’s [Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances] National Monitoring Dashboard on COVID-19 complaints was started on 1 April 2020 by Dr Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
9) RBI proposed additional steps to counter COVID-19’s economic consequences:
On April 1, 2020, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) declared extra steps, for example, relaxing export standards, rising the Ways and Means (WMA) limit and presenting the counter-cyclical capital buffer (CCyB) to handle the COVID-19 financial impacts.
10) The government of Jharkhand introduced the PRAGYAAM application to grant e-passes for important deliveries:
On March 30th, 2020 A mobile application PRAGYAAM was propelled by the Jharkhand Government to concede e-passes to anybody related with offering basic types of assistance during the national lockdown to battle COVID-19.
1) SpaceX discharged its Starship rocket Users Guide:
SpaceX has provided a User’s Guide to its goliath Starship rocket where the manual will include a brief outline of the rocket intended to cary individuals, payloads, satellites and freight to a range of orbits and landing destinations on Earth, Lunar or Martian.
2) The Global Day of Autism Awareness is celebrated on April 2:
World Autism Awareness Day is being celebrated on 2 April as the day is aimed at acknowledging and promoting the rights of people with autism and helping people understand, respect and embrace.
3) COP26 delayed because of COVID-19:
On April 1, 2020, the United Nations proclaimed that the Conference of the Parties (COP 26) to be held in Glasgow in November 2020 was deferred to 2021 as being done because of the response of COVID-19 infection and its global effects.