09 APRIL 2020
BY:GAZAL BHATNAGAR, VIDHYARTHI DARPAN
1) Together with AICTE, HRD Ministry propelled “Samadhan” challenge for students battling covid-19:
In partnership with Forge and Innovation Curis, the Ministry of Human Resources Development’s Innovation Cell and All India Council for Technical Education have propelled a mega online test – SAMADHAN – to engage creativity among students with mission to find and implement initiatives for government departments, health services, emergency clinics and other resources to tackle the COVID-19 epidemic and other such disasters in a fast way.
2) NCoVSENSE Module Sponsored by DST to build COVID-19 Rapid Test:
The Department of Science and Technology has sponsored a start-up in health care named “Module Innovations” to create the COVID-19 test pack with the end goal of the unit to make the research faster inside 10 to 15 minutes.
3) CSIR-CECRI accomplices on face shield with 3D Lycan:
CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute at Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu has produced a progression of lab-made Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to counter the COVID-19 pandemic that has collaborated with 3D Lycan, a Bangalore organization to expand Face Shield mass output.
4) Timetabled Parcel Trains are used by Indian Railways to improve the supply chain:
Indian Railways has launched “Timetabled Parcel Train Services” for across the country transportation of basic products and different merchandise to improve the inventory network across the nation amidst the large lockdown as Indian Railways ‘unhindered administrations are relied upon to improve the accessibility of imperative merchandise required for standard individuals, industry and agribusiness.
5) To prepare COVID-WARRIORS, DoPT presents computerized learning portals:
Under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) is launching the “iGOT portal,” a learning network for all front-line faculty to counter COVID-19, which will prepare all medicinal services individuals who battles coronavirus in India.
6) PM Modi holds lockdown extension meeting:
PM Narendra Modi held a video gathering on April 8, 2020 with political pioneers addressing the lock-down expansion, which suggested that a large portion of the proposals he got were to prolong the lock-down.
7) Bio Fortified Carrots are grown by scientist-farmers:
Shri Vallabhai Vastambhai Marvaniya, a rancher researcher from Junagadh area, Gujarat has created biofortified carrots called “Madhuban Gajar,” which are rich in β-carotene and iron.
8) Odisha extending nationwide lockdown till April 30:
Throughout the county’s growing number of COVID-19 outbreaks, many state governments have implemented a cluster control plan to curtail disease transmission. Odisha Chief Minister CM Naveen Patnaik has declared that the state-wide lockdown in Odisha will proceed until April 30th, 2020 as the choice was taken as a gathering of the Cabinet of Emergency.
9) The Center expands the seventh Data assortment pattern of the monetary statistics:
In the wake of COVID-19, the information assortment period for the seventh financial enumeration was reached out by a half year until 30 September 2020 as the administration embraced this choice.
10) DGFT imposed export limits on 24 pharmaceutical ingredients and medical goods:
On 6 April 2020 the Department of Commerce and Industry’s Directorate-General for Foreign Trade (DGFT) abolished export limitations on 24 pharmaceutical ingredients including 12 active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and 12 plans by practicing the forces conceded by Section 3 of the Foreign Trade Act, 1992.
11) Smart urban areas hold hands with clinical specialists to give online discussion, Ahmedabad as the No.1 Smart City in India:
Savvy urban areas cooperate with qualified specialists and wellbeing specialists to furnish individuals with online clinical consideration offices to keep the social distance standard satisfied amidst COVID-19.
12) Health Ministry to split health care centers into 3 groups for patients with corona:
On April 8, 2020, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare proposed to split the wellbeing habitats into three classifications:
The COVID Care Center,
Dedicated COVID Health Center
Dedicated COVID Hospital
so as to guarantee full utilization of assets in the treatment of coronavirus patients.
1) The SAARC Development Fund provides 5 million USD for COVID-19 ventures:
While trying to lessen the money related misfortunes and extreme financial impacts of the pandemic, the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Development Fund has distributed USD 5 million for COVID-19 ventures in 8 member nations on April 7, 2020.
1) India registered 40.59 per cent of environmental crimes in Rajasthan during 2014-16:
As indicated by the Comptroller and Auditor General’s (CAG) report for the year ended March 31, 2018, 40.59 percent of the nation’s environmental crimes were recorded in Rajasthan during 2014-16.
10 APRIL 2020
BY:GAZAL BHATNAGAR, VIDHYARTHI DARPAN
1) The Center approved Rs 15000 crores for the response kit COVID-19 for India:
On April 9, 2020, the Indian government endorsed Rs 15000 crore for India’s “COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package,” with the purpose behind the COVID-19 response package being to fasten crisis reaction to restrict the spread of the infection in India.
2) ICMR announced a new COVID-19 research plan for India:
Indian Medical Research Council has introduced another system for COVID-19 research in India, hot-spots, clusters, huge movement social affairs or evacuees centers that involves every symptomatic person who have undergone foreign travel in the course of 14 days and every single symptomatic contact from lab affirmed cases.
3) Haryana introduced free help line during the Rabi Season to assist ranchers in acquirement:
The Haryana State Government has developed a 24×7 toll free acquirement help office during the Rabi Season 2020 as well as maintaining social distance standards with the objective of facilitating ranchers in these troublesome period of the COVID-19 pandemic during the Rabi acquisition season.
4) HRD minister started online campaign “Bharat Padhe”:
On April 10, 2020, the Ministry of Human Resources Development propelled week-long Bharat Padhe Online campaign to assemble publicly support thoughts for improving India’s online education training system, with the point of welcoming the best recommendations and answers to address online instruction requirements while advancing the computerized instruction stages accessible.
5) Government concerns advice against COVID-19-related social stigma:
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Union released a warning encouraging individuals to stop the social stigma encompassing the COVID-19 infection which asserted that the outbreak of transmittable sicknesses can prompt dread and uneasiness prompting bias and social disgrace against people and community networks.
6) India gave Israel a five-ton shipment of medications:
Israeli Prime Minister expressed gratitude toward the Prime Minister Narendra Modi for sending a five-ton freight of medication to Israel that includes anti- malarial medication hydroxychloroquine as the five-ton load shipment contains elements for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine medicated drugs that are considered as the most ideal solution for COVID-19 around the world.
7) Haryana has doubled wages for physicians, nurses, medical practitioners in COVID-19 cases:
The state administration of Haryana has declared that the pay of doctors, attendants and other clinical experts managing COVID-19 patients would be doubled as the declaration was made by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
8) DST finances INST Mohali digital nanomaterials:
Specialists and researchers at the Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) Mohali have developed digital structures of super-high piezoelectric nano-materials that can be the structure squares of progressive and revolutionary nano-hardware for some applications, for example, ultrathin, next-generation nano-transistors.
9) ICMR approves the Truenat beta CoV screening test for COVID-19:
The Indian Council Medical Research (ICMR) has approved the Truenat beta CoV test, a COVID-19 tuberculosis testing system in which the throat/nasal swabs are collected in the viral transport medium (VTM) with the infection lysis buffer given alongside the package.
10) To combat coronavirus, CSIR-CMERI creates Disinfection Walkways and Road Sanitizer System:
The CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) has created advancements and items that can help combat the threatening coronavirus, called Disinfection Walkways and Road Sanitizer System.
11) Delhi State Government initiated “Operation Shield”:
On April 9, 2020 the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal declared Operation Shield in the National Capital Region’s containment areas where SHIELD stands for
H= Home quarantine
I= Isolation and tracing
E= Essential supply
L= Local sanitation
12) Indian railways develop ‘CHARAK’ versatile doctor stall for zero-contact check-up:
On April 4, 2020 a portable specialist’s booth named “CHARAK” was established by the West Central Railway Coach Rehabilitation Workshop in Bhopal city of Madhya Pradesh to remove the risk of physical contact between the specialist and the patient contaminated with coronavirus.
13) Hindustan Unilever links with UNICEF to initiate a campaign against coronavirus called ‘BreakTheChain’:
On April 08, 2020, Hindustan Unilever Limited, a British-Dutch assembling organization headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra links with the United Nations Children’s Fund for a mass correspondence battle called ‘BreakTheChain’ or VirusKiKadiTodo ‘headquartered on three subjects – social separating, hand-washing and generosity, to educate and inspire individuals about the Coronavirus outbreak.
14) Center initiated 1st iGOT e-learning gateway of its sort on MHRD’s DIKSHA website:
On April 9, 2020 The Department of Personnel and Training Center unveiled the first of its sort Integrated Government Online Training (iGOT) e-learning entryway on the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing (DIKSHA) stage to improve employees limit working to handle with the COVID-19 pandemic adequately.
1) Amazon develops a coronavirus research facility for its employees:
Amazon is creating a research center that will allow it to test COVID-19 infection laborers, secure its distribution workers and conveyance drivers who are getting significant merchandise for home sheltered clients, and for this, the organization has appointed a group of researchers, engineers and obtainment experts to develop a lab that will test the predetermined number of workers.
2) China was the top filer of patents through a PCT program:
For the year 2019, China has become the global leader in worldwide patent filings through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) of WIPO, with an aggregate of 58,990 applications exceeding the United States, which had been at the top spot since the PCT started activities in 1978.
1) Ben Stokes is the first English player since 2005 to be named by Wisden as the Leading Cricketer:
On April 8, 2020, the Almanac 2020 release of Wisden Cricketers pronounced England’s Ben Stokes and Australia’s Ellyse Perry as the world’s top male and female cricketer.
2) Finalist Donato Sabia, of the Italian Olympic 800 meters, died at 56:
On April 8, 2020, 800-meter finalist Donato Sabia, twice Olympics, and the previous European Indoor Champion died in Potenza, Italy at the age of 56 because of Coronavirus.