19 MARCH 2020
BY:GAZAL BHATNAGAR,VIDHYARTHI DARPAN
1) The bench of the National Company Law Appellate Court established in Chennai:
National Company Law Appellate Tribunal was created pursuant to Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013 and the NCLAT New Delhi Bench will be known as Pradhan Peeth. It was set up in Chennai as its need was felt in the country’s southern portion, but the Delhi bench would act as the main bench.
2) Lok Sabha to address the Teaching and Research Institute in Ayurveda Bill 2020:
The Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Act, 2020, will be considered by Lok Sabha on 19 March, where the act seeks to establish an Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda by combining three Ayurveda Institutes.
3) Sensex is crashing 1709 points and COVID-19 is smashing financial markets:
BSE Sensex slammed as the rising number of COVID-19 cases kept on freezing worldwide financial investors in the midst of overwhelming selling pressure in private-sector banking shares. On March 18, 2020, Sensex experienced a dramatic fall in the stock market where BSE Sensex dropped by 1709 points due to fear of Coronavirus around the world economy.
4) Microsoft India, NASSCOM Foundation launch Creative for a campaign in Open India to engage PwDs:
Microsoft India and the NASSCOM Foundation launched an “Innovative for accessible India” to empower disabled people (PwDs).
5) Supreme Court for the first time rejected a claim for disqualification from a state minister:
For the first time in its history on 18 March 2020, the Supreme Court suspended Manipur Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar Singh from the state cabinet where he was also barred from joining the Legislative Assembly by the apex court.
6) Aircraft (Amendment) bill 2020 is passed by Lok Sabha:
Recently, the Lok Sabha passed Aircraft (Amendment) bill, 2020, where the bill was passed in the lower house by voice vote and the progressions are being made to meet the prerequisites of the International Civil Aviation Organization.
7) Solar power plants installed at 1,922 MW on the rooftop in India:
On March 17, 2020, Minister of State Independent Charge (IC) for New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) and Energy, Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Raj Kumar(RK) Singh announced that, until March 13, 2020, solar rooftop plants with a total capacity of 1,922 MW will be installed in the country.
8) Odisha’s Konark Sun Temple & Unity Statue in Gujarat is on the list of notorious tourism sites:
As the Union Minister of State (Independent) for Tourism and Culture, Prahlad Singh Patel, pointed out on 17 March 2020, the central government included the great Konark Sun Temple, the UNESCO Worl Heritage Site in Odisha and the Unity Statue in Gujarat in the list of legendary tourist sites bringing the total number from 17 to 19.
1) Because of COVID 19 outbreak, the Philippines shut down the financial market:
On March 17, 2020, the Philippines became the first nation to close its financial markets due to the outbreak of COVID 19 (Corona-virus) where it reopened its trade on March 19, 2020 and this action was taken to ensure the health of its workers and the people with whom they associate.
2) The 2020 World Cities Forum, to be held from 5 to 9 July in Singapore:
The seventh World Cities Summit (WCS) is to occur in Sands Expo and Convention Center, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore from 5 to 9 July 2020, where it is facilitated by the Singapore Center for Livable Cities and the Urban Redevelopment Authority and the topic for WCS 2020 is ”Livable and Sustainable Cities: Adapting to a Disrupted World”.
3) Iraq’s President Barham Salih appoints Adnan al-Zurfi as Prime Minister:
On 17 March 2020, Iraq’s President Barham Salih chooses 54-year-old Adnan al-Zurfi as Iraq’s Prime Minister (PM) who has 30 days to shape his bureau trying to defeat a month-long political emergency.
1) 100 became old, came the era of 112:
Police (100), Fire (101), Ambulance (108) and Women Safety (1090) have different emergency numbers. The Government of India has integrated all these emergency services and has started numbering 112 which has also started being used in Jaipur Police Commissionerate. Irrespective of the emergency, information will be sent to the police on calling 112. The police will also arrive on time and the
concerned department too. The basic objective of this service is to make it easy for people to remember a number and to maintain a unified system in an emergency.
20 MARCH 2020
BY:GAZAL BHATNAGAR,VIDHYARTHI DARPAN
1) International Happiness Day is observed on March 20:
On 20 March, the International Day of Happiness is being celebrated with the goal of encouraging and promoting the global movement for happiness. It centers around normal realities which will make individuals cheerful and bring peace and harmony to mankind. The theme of the 2020 campaign is’ Happiness for Everyone, together’ which means thinking positively and caring about all that makes this planet happier.
2) 15th Commission for Finance to track COVID-19 until second survey:
The Finance Commission declared on March 19, 2020 that it will track the circumstance of COVID-19 preceding distributing its second report which is to set up a council to audit the administration’s monetary union and, as per its discoveries, has prescribed awards for well-being and health sector.
3) In Tihar Prison, four Nirbhaya convicts were hanged to death:
All four Nirbhaya convicts Vinay, Akshay, Mukesh and Pawan Gupta were hanged together in the Tihar Jail at precisely 5.30 am on March 20, 2020, seeking to delay the execution until the last minute.
4) 1 million USD distributed under Emergency COVID-19 Funds to SAARC countries:
The Ministry of External Affairs proclaimed on March 19, 2020 that USD 1 million has been disseminated towards the Emergency COVID-19 subsidizes set up recently during a video meeting at PM Modi.
5) DAC issued a green signal for the procurement of 83 Tejas Mark 1A fighter aircraft and IAF defence equipment for Rs 1300 crore; also approved an amendment in DPP 2016:
The Defense Acquisition Council (DAC), led by Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh, held a gathering in New Delhi with its Acquisition committee on 18 March 2020. During the gathering, DAC endorsed the acquirement for the Indian Air Force of 83 Tejas Mark-1A jets from HAL denoting a boost to the administration’s flagship program “Make in India.”
6) APEDA and SFAC sign MoU:
On eighteenth March 2020, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) marked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC). The MoU seeks to strengthen cooperation with this organization for the growth of agriculture, the associated sectors and their exports in order to offer the stakeholders a greater value.
7) DBS Bank India is partnering up with Bharti AXA to carry out the COVID-19 insurance scheme:
On 18 March 2020, DBS Bank India Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of DBS (Development Bank of Singapore) Bank Ltd, entered into an agreement with Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd to offer an additional insurance scheme for DBS treasure clients.
1) WhatsApp introduced Corona virus Information Center, providing IFCN with a $1 million grant.
On 19 March 2020 in cooperation with WHO (World Health Organization), UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) and UNDP (United Nations Development Program), Facebook-messaging app Whats App launched the “Whats App Corona-virus Awareness Center” worldwide.
1) Former boxer ‘ Roger Mayweather’ the world champion dies:
Roger Mayweather, the former world champion boxer and trainer who captured the world champion boxing title in two weight classes, dies at the age of 58 on 18 March 2020 because of health-related illness.
2) New Zealand all-rounder Andrew Malcolm Ellis declared retirement:
On 19 March 2020, all-rounder Andrew Malcolm Ellis (37) declared his retirement from Canterbury cricket following 18 years of profession in New Zealand (NZ).
1) Rajasthan shuts down offices of the administration:
On Thursday the Rajasthan government declared a closure of all workplaces to prevent the spread of corona virus, aside from those dealing with critical and emergency services.