Latest Current Affairs 07 and 08 MAY 2020May 7, 2020
Latest Current Affairs 09 and 10 MAY 2020May 9, 2020
Top 10 women’s college in India
BY: DEEPSHIKHA GAUTAM, VIDHYARTHI DARPAN
Top Colleges for Women’s:
Since ancient time, we all are known that there was no such awareness in the Indian society regarding the women’s education and the women were facing very vulnerable position in the society but with the development of time, this point was kept in view and a stand had been taken for this. Now – a – days, the concept of equality can be seen in respect of social, economic & political aspects. The concept of women empowerment is achieving its height so as to maintain a status of equality in the society. As we all know that if we educate a girl, we can make the two families better. The government is taking various steps regarding literacy of women in the country. Women are also proving themselves as there is no field in which women cannot work from household up to defence.
In India, there is still a conservative thinking because of which somewhere parents do not let their daughters or sisters to step out of their cities but the facilities of women’s educational institutions, they can go & raise themselves in their better version as it criteria of security assures by these institution to the parents. So here are some women’s institution which are contributing in raising the women’s future in a better way.
Lady Shri Ram women’s College, Delhi:
- This institute was founded by late Sir Shri Ram in 1956 in the total campus area of 5 acres in Lajpat Nagar in South of Delhi.
- There are approx 2000 students with the appointed educators of approx 150. At present, it is a centre of excellence in the field of sociology, Mathematics, Sanskrit, Journalism, Philosophy, Statistics, arts etc.
- It is working with the goal of giving contribution of new perspective to the dimensions of knowledge along with the view of imparting the students with quality education.
- It is here to enhance the qualities of humanism, socially responsible & to develop students as a thinker.
- It is hereby with the facilities of library, sports facilities, café, counseling cell, medical room & labs etc. it also engaging the students in NCC, NSS & NSO. There are various committees like Discipline committee, Internal Complaint Committee, anti-ragging committee etc.
- There is a placement which works as an interface between the recruitment companies & students. Over 100 companies for placements visit almost 320 internships from well – known companies.
- This institute of women’s college was established in 1992 with the collaboration of Sri Vallabhacharya Vidya Sabha with Dewan Bahadur M.O. Parthasarathy Iyenger Charities.
- It is located in Chennai & affiliated with University of Madras.
- This was accredited at “A++” level.
- This institute is working with the motto of providing unique experience which enables students to mould their overall personality.
- This college is here providing UG & PG courses in the field of media, IT, Business, Food Sciences, social sciences. There are 3000 total students in this college.
- There is a placement process in three stages; pre-placement, placement day, post placement. There is an internship criterion in order to training skills of the students.
- There are various events which held by various clubs with the object of imparting organizing, leadership & planning talents. The events can be of paper presentations, creative writing, ad-designing, quiz, resume writing, budget preparation and many more.
- There are sports facility & engage students in NCC through quality education. This college has many clubs, workshops, seminars, journals & research publication.
Ethiraj Women’s College, Chennai:
- This college was established in 1948 by V.L. Ethiraj. It has its application with University of Madras. It is located in Chennai, India.
- It has a campus area of 9 acres. There are 6500 students in total & 283 teachers in total.
- It has been given accreditation ‘A’ by NAAC.
- This institute is here with the aim of empowering woman with quality education along with imparting them with social & economic equality.
- This institute offers undergraduate & postgraduate with provided eligibility criteria.
- It has 23 departments in total which are journalism, biology, zoology, physics, biotechnology, history, economics, English, psychology, Human Rights & Duties etc.
- It has infrastructure facilities like canteen, laboratory, and library, hostels, gym & computer lab.
- There is placement cell which invites many companies for placements like TCS, WIPRO, and Tech Mahindra etc.
- There are many clubs to impart students mould their personality like sports clubs, Astronomy clubs, Red Ribbon Club, NCC, NSS and E-cell.
Maharani Lakshmi Ammani College for women, Bangalore:
- It is founded in 1972 by K.V.N. Sastri. It has affiliation with Central University of Bangalore along with recognition by UGC.
- This institute is located Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
- There is 80+ faculty & 55850+ books in library.
- The placements are provided to all the students who scores good marks from good companies.
- There is no such hostel facility & those who are not from Bangalore; they can stay in girl’s pg.
- It has department of Science, Accounting & Commerce, Health Science, and Humanities & Social Sciences & Business & Management.
- The appointed faculties are of friendly environment & help us in our projects guide in participate in Co-Curricular activities.
Sarojini Naidu Vanita Mahavidyalaya, Hyderabad:
- This institute was renamed in 1962 as Vanita Mahavidyalaya & affiliated to Osmania University.
- There are facilities of Hostel, Policies & Procedures, counseling, sports, Library, NSS, NCC, and Auditorium & computer Center.
- This college imparts students with Value based Education & engage students in cultural & co-curricular activities to let them mould their personality.
- There are recruiters from various companies like Tata consultancy Services, Amazon, Tech Mahindra etc.
- There are undergraduate courses in B.A, B.Sc. & B.Com and post-graduation courses in M.A, M.Sc. M.Com & M.B.A.
- Events like tree plantation, green awareness & healthy platter etc.
Kasturba Gandhi College for women, Secunderabad:
- It was established in 1973 by the association of Osmania Graduates.
- This institution is providing their services in imparting students with quality education, social awareness along with carrier – oriented skills.
- It is having strength of 2800 students along with 90 faculties.
- Having a large campus of 3.84 acres & ‘A’ grade was given by NAAC.
- It is here to provide degree courses of B.Com, B.Sc., B.A & post graduate courses of M.B.A, M.Com, M.Sc., M.A etc.
- It provides additional courses in personality development & communication skills, advanced computer skills.
- Sports facilities of Cricket, Hockey, Baseball, Softball, netball, Judo etc.
- There are facilities of Counseling cell, student aid fund & other facilities like NCC, NSS, Red Cross and workshops on various topics. There are good hostel facilities as well.
Cummins College for Engineering for women, Pune:
- The foundation of this institution was laid down in 1896 by Maharshi Karve.
- It is the first engineering college in India for women with the aim of imparting women’s with technically & academically competent.
- The institute is having a campus area of 4 acres & affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University
- This college has infrastructure facility like hostel, mess, medical facility, sports, canteen, conference & workshops.
- The classes are provided with multimedia facilities.
- The courses which are being provided by this college are Computer engineering, information technology, mechanical engineering etc.
- There are various committees like anti – ragging committee, special cell for SC & ST and internal complaint committee etc.
- It offers scholarships by government or by others.
Rajasthan College of Engineering for women, Jaipur:
- It was established by 2002 in Jaipur.
- It is having affiliation of Rajasthan Technical University.
- The campus is having facilities if hostel of almost 1200 girls, mess, laboratory, and library of both kinds stocked & digital as well, indoor & outdoor games.
- The college has undergraduate courses in applied sciences like CSE, ECE, EE & civil.
- The post graduation courses provided by this college are MCA, MBA & M. Tech.
- Also admits students for PhD after passing the written exam & viva.
- The college has transport facilities like bus at intra-city & providing inter-city services via rail, road & air.
- The placement cell also attracts companies like Microsoft, IBM, and BOSCH etc.
Dr. M.G.R Janaki College of arts & science for women, Chennai:
- The foundation of this institute was laid down in 1996 by Mrs. Janaki Ramchandran.
- This institute produces students in the field of sports, academics along with cultural activities.
- This institute is aiming to raise women with the features of self-actualization along with economic independence.
- This college is having a placement cell which helps students to get recruiters from the companies like WIPRO, HCL, TCS, TNQ, and Infosys etc.
- This college provides scholarships with subject to the rules of state government and considering the talent in dance, sports, music, academics & other skills.
- It is having good infrastructure facilities like an auditorium, hostels, canteens, sports facilities like volleyball; football etc. well maintained classes & examination halls are also in the campus.
- It is providing the courses like B.Com, B.Sc., M.Sc., BCA, BA etc. along with well educated faculty.
- This university was founded in 1935 by Shri Hiralal Shastri & Ratan Shastri while declared as a deemed university in 1938.
- It has been accredited by NAAC with A++ grading in 2020.
- The campus is covering the area of 850 acres in the Tonk district of Rajasthan.
- It has having one field of approx 2660 square kilometers & other field of 4195 square kilometers for the games like hockey, volley ball, tennis, yoga, basket ball, martial arts, swimming, parade, badminton, gym, karate, hand ball & licensed airstrip etc. it is based on ‘panchmukhi shiksha’ in order to raise the women as an all rounder.
- This university is having medical facilities, a guest house for parents & radio station named as radio banasthali.
- It is having academics from school education, undergraduate as well as post graduate programs.
- There are strict rules in this institute regarding using of mobile phones & wearing khadi, it is having hostel facilities, canteens, buses facility within the campus.
- There are departments of visual arts, sociology, education, automation, computer science, law, pharmacy, bioinformatics, commerce & management, fine arts, economics, journalism, chemistry, home science, mathematics, history & earth sciences etc.
- There is a rail & road link to reach the campus.
- This university has provides placements from the companies like HCL, HDFC ltd., Mahindra & Mahindra ltd., ICICI bank, IBM, TCS, IDBI etc.